Neutral or nude lips are always a chic and elegant trend. Most beauty brands offer an ample selection of flesh-toned lipsticks and lip glosses, which are perfect to balance out a smokey eye or dramatic eye makeup. What I love about nude lips is that they are a perfect option for work, since they are understated but polished at the same time. If you need to add more color to avoid looking washed out, use a lip liner in a natural tone and fill in before applying your favorite lipstick or gloss.
Here are the best lipsticks and lip glosses to show off your natural pout.
- Aerin lipstick in Jacquard
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche in Sheer Linen
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Eternally Nude
- Mary Kay at Play Teddy Bare lip gloss
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Heaping Hazelnut
- Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Honey
If you prefer a neutral lip gloss that has some golden shimmer to it, try these:
- Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Gloss in Copper Power
- Aerin Golden Kiss lip gloss
Another tip: if you will be sporting the nude lips look, remember to apply blush on the apples of your cheeks, so you look fresh and not washed out.