Even though I am not a photographer, I carry my camera with me at all times. Ever since I received the Sony Cybershot TX 20 as a gift from the Sony Moms program, we have become inseparable. Not only because it is waterproof, but because it resists falls (it’s shockproof!), shoots high definition videos and most importantly, it allows my friends and family to look better in pictures.
I am not kidding or exaggerating. If you’ve seen me at a blogging conference lately, you will see people asking me if I have the “soft skin camera” so I can take group shots. The Cybershot TX 20 has a built-in filter (aside from many other special effects) that makes your skin look more even and beautiful. Among the special effects you can preselect before snapping your pictures there are two that are great: HDR Painting and Partial Color, which takes the photo in black and white and highlights a specific color (yellow, green, blue or red, for example). If that sounds too complicated, you can always leave the camera settings in Easy mode so you don’t have to think about anything.
But that’s not all. Here are 8 things I love about my Cybershot TX 20:
1) 16.2 megapixel resolution, so I can print pictures in larger formats when putting together photo books.
2) 4x optical zoom allows me to get good details even if it’s a point and shoot.
3) Great amount of special effects and filters to let your creativity flow and enhance your pictures before you download them into your computer
4) The SoftSkin filter makes you look younger, no Botox needed.
5) Waterproof up to 16 feet. Great for pool shots or when you are going to the beach. Keep in mind that colors underwater can look washed out so it’s best to select the underwater filter in the settings (great tip that übertalented photographer Me Ra Koh shared with me in San Diego).
6) It has full HD 1080/60i AVCHD™ video capture. Great quality, easy to use and allows you to take still photos even while you are recording video.
7) It allows you to do basic editing without a computer. The trimming/crop feature is my favorite.
8) It can withstand falls from up to 5 feet. As a mom, this is huge! I have seen what happens to a regular camera when it falls. Usually something breaks. And with young children, it’s a given that they will want to snap their own pictures or will play with your camera, so for me it’s a stress reliever.
The battery is rechargeable and it has lasted an entire day of intense use (with flash).
Take a look at some pictures I have taken with the Cybershot TX 20.
All photos, copyright Jeannette Kaplun