Sofia Vergara looked stunningly elegant at the 2014 Golden Globes red carpet so we really wanted to find out her beauty tips. Rocking a ballgown-style black dress by Zac Posen and a statement necklace from Lorraine Schwartz, the “Modern Family” Colombian actress showed off her beautiful glossy hair and glamorous makeup. Sofia dishes on her makeup for the big award show night and shares the COVERGIRL products used to help create her glamorous red-carpet look.
Sofia Vergara’s beauty tips
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I really wanted to do something different. I wear makeup every day – I wouldn’t think about leaving the house without it! – but of course it’s such a big night, and everyone is taking pictures, so I have to look good!” said the gorgeous actress. “I wanted to keep my hair and makeup simple and classic.” Here are her beauty secrets (in her own words):
1. “To start off with a good base that would last all night, I started with COVERGIRL truBLEND Foundation in M6 which is super lightweight and blendable.
2. On top, a light dusting of powder to set the look and a bit of rosy color for the apples of my cheeks with Clean Glow Blush in Roses.
3. My dress and jewels were the center of attention, so I had to balance my hair and makeup. For me, a really glamorous evening look starts with the eyes. I love the drama of a cat eye – tonight I went with brown liner as opposed to black with Bombshell Liner in Chocolate Kiss to create the look.
4. I then used Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess to give my eyes a little sparkle.
5. As always, I LOVE big lashes so I used Bombshell Volume Mascara on my top and bottom lashes to add volume and intensity. (aka #bombshelling)
6. For me, lipstick is a must – I feel naked without it. I wish I could just wear a nude shade, but it’s not me – I need color. I went with a bold red with LipPerfection Lip Color in Flame.
7. Oh I also always keep a gloss in my purse for touch-ups!”
Photos: courtesy of P&G/Getty, Latin WE.