After being tagged by my friend Danielly Lara, I decided to share with you five random things about me. You probably don’t know them and if I sit down to think about it even more, I could come up with a much longer list. However, I will spare you that and will just give you my take on this meme.
Here a 5 things that might surprise you about me:
- I was a precocious child. I wanted to be a ballerina and my ballet teacher allowed me into the advanced pointe class when I was only 9 years old. My first crush was on Luke Skywalker, although later I preferred Han Solo. In the fifth grade I learned to draw on a computer using Logo (it was supposed to be a turtle) and I was the only girl allowed into the computer program using an Apple IIe. So you can say I’ve been a geek ever since I was a little girl.
- When I moved to Chile, I skipped half of first grade and only attended second grade for a few weeks before I was transferred into third grade. My Spanish grammar was non-existent so I had tutoring every day for the first months. Ironically, I’ve made a living out of writing in Spanish.
- I have extremely eclectic tastes in music. From The Beatles to Muse, The Mission UK to Adele, Sting to Mecano, Linkin Park to Florence and the Machine, just to name a few. But my first love was Duran Duran. I was hooked from the first time I saw the video for “Rio.”
- While very organized when I’m working, I am a mess when it comes to organizing my desk and my closet. For my almost OCD husband, this is painful. I’m not exaggerating.
- I thank G’d every night for allowing me to be a mom. My children are my miracles and I don’t take my family for granted. I love them too much.
Enough about me. What are 5 random things about you that might surprise me? Please share!